13.4.11

Fasting and Prayer

I don't know what to expect.

We live in a goals oriented society, and so I think that part of me wants to have expectations and goals to seek as I fast, yet the sense is that I just need to fast because I think it's what God wants me to do right now.

No, I haven't heard voices or been given a word of knowledge by another believer. Just a a feeling of a calling to my soul. A word saying to come. Come because of all the difficult things in my life and the lives of my family, and the lives of friends and acquaintances.

How long will I fast for? I don't know. I am so weak in the flesh. Even this morning I woke up hungry, knowing it was the day to start. Will I get past today? I am sure I will. Will I fast again tomorrow? God only knows.

I've never fasted even three days, yet a part of me thinks I should go at least a week, maybe longer. I have a fear of failure, and a fear of the unknown.

Mainly, I want to hear from God, I want to have a vision for the life of my family, and for myself. I want to seek Him for healing for my mouthful of bad teeth. For a place large enough for my family. For a friends marriage that he is causing to crumble. Does He desire me to take my family into the mission field? To start a fellowship right here? To teach? To pursue business interests so that He can fund others ministries?

If you find this, say a prayer for me that I can fast as long as God desires, and that I hear what He has to say to me, and what He would have me say to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Anyone?